KKT Orthopedic Spine Center and Neck Pain
Neck problems can often present themselves as simple muscle stiffness or pain. Most often, this signal indicates an underlying concern that requires corrective measures.
When the weight of the head is shifted off-centre, joints of the neck and back shift to compensate for the change. This causes the body to twist, affecting body alignment from the head down to the feet. These distortions have been known to result in numerous health concerns and conditions.
CONSEQUENCES OF NECK PAIN
Crucial arteries pass through the neck vertebrae to the brain. Studies have documented numerous health concerns relating to the neck. These include: headaches, low back pain, brain functional disorders, jaw pain, dizziness and even sudden infant death. For these reason, neck symptoms should be carried out at a KKT Orthopedic Spine Center near you to determine appropriate corrective measures.
Neck Pain Symptoms and Signs of Potential Concern:
- Pain in your neck that may feel sharp or dull
- Stiffness in your neck or shoulders
- Heaviness of the head or feeling like it needs support
- Lower back pain or shoulder pain
- Headaches or dizziness
- Pain between the shoulder blades
If left untreated, structural distortions can lead to:
- Increased susceptibility to degeneration and arthritis
- Nerve compression
- Disc damage
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Altered autonomic nerve response
- Restricted movement of the head and neck
- Disturbed brain stem function